Skipton Building Society working with Vibrant
With the proposed changes to rules and regulations in the property market, and the cost of living growing, energy efficiency has become more and more important. That’s why Skipton Building Society is working with Vibrant to offer an energy efficiency assessment that’s designed to save both time and effort for homeowners.
The EPC Plus will show you how efficiently your home uses energy, and will help you find improvements that could potentially save you money and make your property more sustainable.
You’ll be eligible for this free EPC Plus offer if you have a savings or mortgage account with Skipton Building Society at the time of application and you own the property the EPC Plus report is for. Maximum of 10 EPC Plus reports per customer and one free report per property. Please note, this offer is only available on homes constructed more than 10 years ago.
Skipton Building Society is the promoter of this offer, available nationwide. It is important that you read Skipton’s offer terms and conditions carefully before applying, we recommend you also keep your own copy for future reference.
Request your EPC PlusArrange Appointment
What is an EPC Plus?
In 2007 the government made it a legal requirement for anyone selling, letting or building a property to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which measures the energy efficiency of a property and gives it a rating. That’s good to know, but what if your rating needs improving? That’s where an EPC Plus could help.
Following an EPC Plus assessment, you’ll have free access to Vibrant’s technical team to discuss recommendations, ask any questions and help identify any sources of funding like grants. They can then project-manage any works for you using their panel of carefully-selected contractors (Vibrant charges a fee for this, ask for a quotation). If you decide to use the project-management service, Vibrant will also provide a revised EPC free of charge once the work is complete. Your property’s new EPC rating will be valid for the next 10 years.
Any agreement for this service, the installation and performance of any subsequent works will be between you and Vibrant.
Notes for landlords
If you’re a landlord or if you’re considering becoming one in the future, the new EPC rating of your property may affect your ability to let the property out, for example, if your EPC rating is below the minimum standard required. It is important that you understand this impact when requesting an EPC Plus. If you are unsure on how an EPC could impact your property, we recommend seeking your own independent legal advice.
For landlords in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, there are also a number of situations where you may be able to claim exemptions (or identify funding solutions) from the Domestic Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) Regulations – which set a minimum energy efficiency level for domestic private rented properties. Exemptions must be registered on the central PRS Exemptions Register and Vibrant can support landlords through the full exemptions process and your MEES Compliance Report.
How it works
Request your appointment
- Use the button on this page to organise your EPC Plus assessment
- Receive a call from Vibrant’s scheduling team usually within 2 to 3 working days
Qualified Assessor visits property
- An EPC Assessor will attend your property to conduct your EPC assessment – the appointment lasts approximately 20-45 minutes at your property and the Assessor requires access to every room and head & shoulder access to the loft
- The Assessor will bring all necessary equipment with them
- If you have already had energy efficiency works completed on your property, it would be useful to have any documentation to hand to show the Assessor
Report is created and sent
- The report is compiled and emailed to you with recommendations, usually within 2 working days
- The Government’s central register for EPC ratings is updated with the details of your new report and this will replace any existing EPC rating you may have
Improvements are recommended – with no obligation to go ahead with them
- If you’d like a quote for the recommended works you just need to let Vibrant know
- You will receive formal quotations for the works and confirm if you agree for them to go ahead. A project management fee will be payable to Vibrant if you choose them to manage this for you
- Once agreed, Vibrant book in the works
- Works undertaken by approved and vetted CHAS Contractors
- Updated free EPC booked and completed (only if the project management service is taken out)
- The Government’s central register for EPC ratings is updated with the details of your new report
Vibrant provided an excellent service from booking to completion. The assessor who visited our home was very friendly and knowledgeable, and carried out a thorough assessment of our property. After receiving our EPC Plus report, Vibrant took time out to explain the findings, and the different options available to us to help improve our property rating. It has given us plenty to think about, from updating our insulation, to the potential installation of solar panels, and which suppliers to use. I would highly recommend them!
As an experienced supplier of EPCs to the residential sector, Vibrant completes tens of thousands each year. They pride themselves on their fast and efficient service, with 100s of assessors located nationwide. Vibrant never let their guard down, proving their worth having worked in partnership with many property companies with multiple branches nationwide.
If you have a complaint about any element of the EPC Plus and any other service received from Vibrant, please contact them on email@example.com or write to them at the address below.
EPC Plus is an extension of Vibrant’s brand, offering a convenient, high-quality service that’s designed to save you time and energy.